Thursday, March 3, 2011

Friend

friend

[frend] Show IPA
–noun
1.
a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2.
a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends ofthe Boston Symphony.
3.
a person who is on good terms with another; a person whois not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
4.
a member of the same nation, party, etc.
5.
( initial capital letter ) a member of the Religious Society offriends; a Quaker.


Excuse my finding to search definitions of the word 'friend'. The word 'friend' has been unconsciously coined into my vocabulary since a child. Many may have a recognition our parents telling us "go, go play with some of your friends" or "say hi to your friend who and who" when we were a little child.

A 'friend' I often didn't see the pain of migrating, the thought of loosing friends. I mean with the internet we could chat with anyone over online messengers such as skype or MSN. We could even stay in touch with social networks, facebook etc. Why worry?

Another reason I wanted to bring the attention of 'friend' to myself was having thousands of friends in Facebook. I wonder what is the logic behind thousand of friends when I only have a pair of hands, eyes, ears and only 1 mouth. Do people these days have quality friends? I strongly suggest that Facebook could help us not misused our terms. I can understand that we add people as our friends for the convenient of connection, to keep in touch with people we met over parties or social events. However, it makes the word 'friend' so vague.

In my humble experience, a friend does act as a supporter or assistance in my life. A friend is indeed attached through feelings of affection and personal regard. So in my deepest gratitude to those who have supported me through thick and thin. A big thank you. I wish there would be a simplest way of repayment which is to be a good friend in return but unfortunately most of the time I could not do. Only I can trust is be blessed! :0)

No comments: