Saturday, May 21, 2011

returning to the old hobby


I stop gardening in Malaysia ever since being so busy with activities and kakak yati left for indonesia.




Now because of the basil animation project I have bought a pot of basil plant from Sainsbury and it has been giving me basil for more than 3 rounds of pruning.








because of that I have been buying vegetables from pots mostly herbs and one of them is my mint plant. This plants are very peculiar especially growing them indoor. Some weeks it just looks like its going to die and is ready to be chucked in the bin but all of sudden it starts to bloom. (I'm so happy at the thought of that)



My sister has caught my strange behavior of talking to the plants these days before going to college. I think I have started to grow fond of them ;). muaks muaks.


My lecturer who found out about the basil project also contributed his germinated basil seeds from his garden to my care. So funny and kind of him. Look at how much the seedling grew!


I'm so proud of this special purple basil. It smells different from the sweet basil leafs, a stronger pungent I would say, like hacks sweet (haha). I hope the cold won't disturb it. I have been opening the windows just for them despite of my allergic to cold wind. Hopefully the sun ray helps.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Pam,

I've been meaning to get a plant myself. I was eyeing this orchid (a phalaenopsis) for the longest time at our local florist shop in Oxford. But I couldn't get myself to buy it. I was just afraid I would get too attached to it and wondered where would it go to when I leave...

pamelyn said...

can u not ship it back to Penang? :DD